I’m a big fan of boho and hippie fashion, but I’m also a little tired of wearing the same thing every day. It’s time to get creative! I’ve put together this guide on how to choose the perfect top for you, including tips on what type of jacket is best for your body shape and style. (And if you don’t know what I mean by “boho” or “hippie,” that’s okay—we’re all just trying to be more comfortable here.)
1. What Is The Difference Between Boho And Hippie?
Boho and hippie are two different styles of clothing that have been used to describe the same style. The difference between them is that boho is a more relaxed approach to dressing, whereas hippies are more about peace, love, and happiness.
Bohos tend to wear loose-fitting clothes with patterns or colours that make them stand out from their surroundings; this can be achieved by wearing patchwork denim jeans or colourful tops with an embroidered design on them (like this one). Bohos are also known for wearing sandals with open toes so they can walk around barefoot in their gardens!
Hippy Clothing, on the other hand, tends to wear more colourful clothing that is usually made from natural fabrics (such as cotton or linen). They also like wearing long skirts and dresses with floral patterns on them. The hippie look is often described as bohemian because it combines elements of boho and gipsy styles of dressing.
2. Choose A Loose And Comfortable Natural Top.
The next step is to choose a loose and comfortable top. Your t-shirt will be your foundation, so it’s important to pick one that fits well and looks great on you.
- Choose a natural material such as cotton or linen (no synthetics).
- Avoid the “one-size” trap: if you want your shirt to look good on all body types, make sure it doesn’t fit too snugly for anyone’s liking!
3. Try A Vest To Mix And Match.
A vest is a great way to layer. They can be worn over a tank top or under a jacket, and they look great with jeans as well. Vests also make it easy to wear multiple tops in your outfit without having to do much else—you’ll just have to add one or two more tops underneath the vest!
The best part? You don’t have to spend tonnes of money on vests; they’re affordable enough that you could wear them every day if necessary.
4. Choose Your Jacket Type Carefully.
As you’re perusing the racks, keep in mind that jackets come in many different styles. Some have hoods and some don’t; some have waist belts and others don’t, and there are so many things to consider when choosing one. Here are some of my favourites:
- A jacket with a hood This is the most versatile option because you can wear it anywhere! It’s also great if you’re cold because it keeps your head warm while keeping your face uncovered (so no need to worry about getting too hot). You’ll never be stuck without one when travelling around town because everyone else will want theirs too!
I hope this guide has helped you figure out your boho-hippie clothing style. I know it can be a little overwhelming, but the best way to find what works for you is by experimenting and seeing what fits your style.